- A big part of what makes Urban Roots London work is the many generous volunteers who have given their spare time. As a volunteer board, we are humbled and very grateful for this support! Volunteering with Urban Roots London is a great way to meet people in the community and from around the city, learn about our work and the work it takes to produce high-quality, sustainably-grown food, as well as gain access to our farmgate market and more affordable prices on our freshly-harvested produce.
Volunteering on-site can consist of special events, removing invasive species, helping prepare a vegetable bed, planting a row of seedlings, pruning plants to increase crop production, harvesting produce or pulling what sometimes feels like an endless supply of thistle! Our volunteer days coincide with our market days on Sundays (10 AM – 1 PM) and Wednesdays (4 PM – 8 PM) from May to October.
Please sign up in advance. Unless there is heavy rainfall or a thunderstorm warning, we will have a volunteer leader on the farm with a list of tasks that need to be done for your scheduled volunteer time. You are encouraged to bring your own gardening tools, but we also have some of our own available. We recommend that you bring water and clothes/footwear that you don’t mind getting dirty.
2023 On-Farm Volunteer Sessions
Urban Roots London Volunteer Sign-Up Form – Spring 2023
Norlan (21 Norlan Ave)
Thursday, April 20, 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Thursday, May 4, 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Saturday, April 29, 10 AM to 1 PM
For Spring volunteer opportunities, please sign up in advance here.
Regular drop-in volunteer sessions at Norlan Ave on Sundays (10 AM – 1 PM) and Wednesdays (4 PM – 8 PM) will begin on May 17th alongside our farmgate markets.
Please sign up in advance using the link below.
Board and Committee Volunteer
- As a volunteer board, we welcome interest in joining and expanding our board and committees. We currently have four committees, Communications, Events and Fundraising, Finance, and Human Resources.
- The Communications committee handles all matters related to communicating with donors, stakeholders and others.
- The Events and Fundraising committee oversees efforts for fundraising events, securing grants and thanking donors.
- The Finance committee is responsible for ensuring accurate financial reports and oversees the organization’s budget.
- The Human Resources committee is responsible for reviewing the management of human resources and providing recommendations and advice on management strategies, risks, initiatives, and policies.
- If you are interested in volunteering, reach out at email@example.com.